Brilliant Cosmetic Dentistry in Edgewood
A healthy and stunning smile can improve your confidence and overall wellbeing. Our talented dentists, Dr. Peter H. Roth and Dr. Keith Moomaw, provide you with cosmetic services that restore your smile's beauty and health. Our well-trained team uses the latest technology and techniques to provide you with comfort during treatments as well as excellent results.
Since 1979, Chesapeake Contemporary Dentistry has served the Edgewood, Baltimore, Harford, and Cecil County communities. Whether you need some quick enhancements or require comprehensive treatments, we are happy to provide you with services personalized to your specific needs. Call today and schedule your visit.
CALL US: (410) 679-2790 REQUEST APPOINTMENT
Teeth Whitening for a Beautiful Smile
Teeth whitening is in high demand and a very popular cosmetic dentistry procedures at our practice. It helps you get rid of years of accumulated dental stains. We can help you achieve an appealing smile that makes you look and feel your best.
Why Teeth Get Stained
Knowing the reason behind stained teeth is essential in finding the best ways to whiten them. Some of the causes include:
- Intrinsic Stains: The excessive use of fluoride or tooth damage may cause stains deep under the surface of your teeth.
- Extrinsic Discoloration: Smoking, drinking coffee, and soda, might cause stains to appear on the surfaces of your teeth.
- Age-Related Discoloration: As we age, the core tissue of the teeth yellows. With time the enamel becomes thinner and causes the core tissue color to show.
Teeth Whitening Methods We Offer
At Chesapeake Contemporary Dentistry, we offer two whitening techniques, Zoom! ® in-office and take-home treatments. This way, you can choose the most convenient method based on your needs and preferences.
Zoom Take-Home Whitening Kits
This cosmetic whitening method allows you to whiten your teeth at your pace. It involves using professional whitening gel and customized dental trays that distribute the whitening gel evenly across your smile. The length of this procedure depends on the degree of whitening you desire and how badly your teeth are stained.
Zoom In-Office Whitening
This is a fast and safe process to remove discoloration. It takes 90 minutes to complete the whole process. We use high-strength whitening gel delivered under our professional supervision. You may be able to lighten your teeth up to eight shades brighter.
If you choose the in-office whitening option, your take-home kit is automatically included in the price. The kit allows you to touch up the whitening results you get from in-office whitening.
What is Gum Contouring?
This procedure reshapes your gums to transform your smile. It removes excess gum tissue if you have a gummy smile and restores gum tissue lost due to disease. Gum contouring can help your gums look and feel healthy again. For best results, we may bring in a periodontist to help with this procedure.
If your gums cover too much or too little of your teeth, you can consult with our cosmetic dentists, who are always ready to give you the help you need.
Porcelain Veneers for a Bright Smile
Veneers are popular cosmetic solutions. They are thin shells designed to alter the shape, size, or color of one or more of your teeth. We offer quality porcelain veneers that resemble your natural teeth and blend seamlessly with your smile.
Top 5 Things to Know Before Getting Veneers
Veneers have various benefits, including:
- You Can Use Veneers for One Tooth or More - Veneers do not have to be used for all your teeth. You can treat one tooth or several, depending on your needs and budget. Our dentists are highly artistic, so your smile will look very natural.
- They are Permanent - Getting veneers starts with removing a thin layer of enamel so they fit comfortably and don't look bulky. They are securely bonded and become a permanent part of your tooth.
- You Get a Trial Period - Until your actual veneers are ready, you will receive temporary ones. Wearing the temporary composite veneers for a few days will allow you to experience how permanent veneers will look and feel before the final process.
- They are Stain-Resistant - Porcelain is a strong, stain-resistant material, so your smile stays bright.
- They are Long-Lasting - This permanent solution lasts for an average of 10 to15 years. However, veneers need care just like your natural teeth. You need to brush, floss, and avoid biting into hard objects.
Accomplish a Stunning Smile at Our Edgewood Practice!
At Chesapeake Contemporary Dentistry, Dr. Peter H. Rot, Dr. Keith Moomaw, and our dental team strive to improve your smile's health and appearance with quality cosmetic dental procedures.
Our team is happy to help you organize your dental insurance information to get the most benefit out of your plan. Our practice also offers KLEER membership plans that cover the cost of cleanings and provides discounts on other treatments for a subscription fee. We proudly serve our communities in Edgewood, Joppa, and Abingdon. Call today and schedule your visit.
CALL US: (410) 679-2790 REQUEST APPOINTMENT